Contract Cloud Privacy
What Information Does Contract Cloud Collect About Me?
The information Contract Cloud collects about you falls into one of two categories, personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable.
Personally Identifiable Information. When registering for Contract Cloud, creating agreements through the Contract Cloud platform, recording agreements that have been sent to you, and sending your own agreements, you may provide us with personal information that is linked to you specifically (“Personally Identifiable Information”). This can include:
- Personal contact information (name, email address)
- Professional information (company name, position/title)
- User names
- Agreement-related data (for example, the agreement scripts that you create or that are created based upon your instruction)
- Your image or likeness
- Your voice
- Your location and time you were at that location
Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may also collect the following data that is not linked to you specifically:
- Traffic Data. We use a number of internal and third-party tools to recognize visitor data like IP addresses, browser settings and operating systems. We track how often web pages and videos are viewed and the sources of our traffic. We employ Google Analytics Demographic and Interest Reporting, in which Google provides us with general demographic information (like age, gender and affinity categories) about visitors to our website. You can opt out of Google sharing this information at google.com/settings/ads.
- Email Effectiveness Data. We may collect aggregated data about how often the emails we send out are opened and any links in them are clicked.
- App Referral and Download Data. We may use internal and third-party tools to determine which sites or emails referred visitors to download the Contract Cloud mobile application.
- In-App and API Behavior. We may use internal and third-party tools to gather information about users’ behavior inside our mobile application and/or API, such as how much time users spend in the product as well as the frequency and duration with which they use particular features and view particular screens.
How Does Contract Cloud Use and Share My Information?
We use the information we collect from you to communicate with you, provide you with our services, and improve those services. For example, we may use your email address to send you copies of agreements you create through Contract Cloud and promote our and our partners’ services. We may analyze our users’ agreement-related data for purposes like refining the content of our services.
Contract Cloud will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the purpose of marketing their products without your prior consent. For example, we do not sell our email lists. But, we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with companies that provide us with support services (like our email providers) or that help us analyze or market our own products and services. We share this information only if these companies require such information to perform their functions. We do not authorize these companies to use your Personally Identifiable Information for any other purpose.
Contract Cloud will share your Personally Identifiable Information with the appropriate authorities if we believe in good faith that doing so is required by law or court order, to protect our rights or property, or to protect the safety of our users or the public. Additionally, if Contract Cloud or substantially all of Contract Cloud’s assets are acquired, or if Contract Cloud goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information, including Personally Identifiable Information, may be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by a third party.
As for non-Personally Identifiable Information, which is not linked to you specifically, we may share it with third parties for various purposes. For example, we may share information with third parties about the number of registered users and unique visitors to our website, or about the types of Contract Cloud forms that are most often used.
Can I Opt Out of Contract Cloud Using My Personally Identifiable Information?
We can’t provide you with our key services without you providing us with some Personally Identifiable Information.
Can I Opt Out of Emails from Contract Cloud?
You can opt out of certain types of emails from Contract Cloud while maintaining an active Contract Cloud account. We send four types of emails:
- Contract Cloud promotional emails. These are emails Contract Cloud might send you from time to time alerting you to new features and other news about Contract Cloud. You can opt out of these emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
- Partner promotional emails. These are emails that Contract Cloud might send you occasionally on behalf of our partners promoting their services. You may opt out of these emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email.
- System messages. These are emails that are delivered to you as part of Contract Cloud’s core functionality. For example, we may email you to alert you that you have been asked to sign an agreement. While you may be able to configure the frequency of system messages through your personal settings, you may not opt out of system messages completely except by deactivating your account. See “How Do I Deactivate My Account?” below. Even if you deactivate your account, if a Contract Cloud user sends an agreement or account activation request to your email address, you will receive that request as an email from Contract Cloud on that user’s behalf.
Is My Information Secure?
We strive to maintain the safety of your information. For example, your information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and access to your account information requires a password. You must keep your password confidential. Contract Cloud is HIPAA compliant. You can read more about security level details here.
Contract Cloud is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS uses world-class, state-of-the art security measures. More details about AWS security are available at https://aws.amazon.com/security.
Unfortunately, no internet-based service is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that any confidential or Personally Identifiable Information you share while using Contract Cloud is completely impenetrable. We assume no responsibility for unauthorized access to your information.
How Do I Deactivate My Account?
Should you ever decide to deactivate your Contract Cloud account, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon deactivation, you will no longer be able to access your account, including any pending or completed agreements. Your information and data will remain on Contract Cloud’s secure servers.
Deactivating your account will not affect the status of any agreements or agreement offers that you have created or recorded on Contract Cloud. See our Terms of Service for more information.
Our Policy Towards Children
Per our Terms of Service, Contract Cloud is intended only for users 18 and above. Contract Cloud does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from people under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not provide us with any Personally Identifiable Information. If we learn that we have collected Personally Identifiable Information from a person under 18, we will take steps to promptly delete the information.
Terms of Service
Please also visit Contract Cloud’s Terms of Service establishing the terms, disclaimers and limitations of liability governing your use of Contract Cloud.